martes, 26 de junio de 2018

Week 6: June 18th to June 24th

During this week I moved the file settings from the DlgPrefMetadataDlg class to a separate class so it is easier to mantain (single responsibility principle) and add new settings. Unfortunately, it is not possible to create an interface because the DlgPrefMetadataDlg object needs to know the subclass, which defeats the purpose.
I also deleted the table view from the dialog, because I thought about it and it makes no sense to make it so extensible early. Better to use a working solution and easier solution than thinking 10 steps ahead.
I added a work in progress concurrency solution for the file listener, which needs to be improved to a dedicated thread. Since the new options already give you the metadata format string, there's no longer need for a template and factory pattern so I removed the hierarchy. Now it simply loads the string from settings.
Unfortunately, I'm delayed regarding the original planning. Which means I'll have to put extra hours to compensate.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario